Thursday, April 17, 2014

When the Clouds Roll In


All winter, I've been baking bread in the Sun Oven. What I never thought would happen is it's better than the stove oven. The even heat makes a moister loaf. Now, I'm only baking bread outside.


However, I recently underestimated the clearing of the clouds, and lost a loaf when the sun failed to continue shining.

I guess that the cost of a loaf of this honey wheat bread is probably about fifty cents, so even losing some ingredients was still less money than the three dollar stale stuff at the store.

                               The chickens loved this big doughy bread pancake.


Undaunted, I made this better loaf the next day, when the skies were sunny. It's beautiful!



It makes great sandwiches like this PB and H  "sammy." Next year, I hope to have my own honey. My bees will be here around the first of May.  The weather has been so cool, twenty degrees the other morning, that a delay is good. One should never live without honey.