Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Winter Reminder

Okay, I admit that I was getting a little carried away, thinking spring was nearly here. We had some lovely sunny days in the sixties in late January. I found some Siberian Irises coming up.

Nature had the last laugh, though. Yesterday, the mail brought a big seed order from Park Seeds and an electric hedge trimmer to use on the chicory. Two hours later, it began to snow, the fine steady snow that doesn't look like it's amounting to much.

This was the scene this morning. It was so beautiful it made me gasp. Seven inches so far, and more expected all day and evening.

Because it was so still, it piled up on unlikely places, like the clotheslines.


After I shoveled the porches, I settled in front of the fire to complete my Jung Seeds order. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these gardeners from their blooming plans.