Wednesday, December 6, 2017

All Split


It took days, but I completed splitting the wood. Those big chunks were really heavy. I lifted with my knees, which conjures up a picture of me lying on my back, legs in the air, spinning the wood with my feet. Yep, that's what I did. Unfortunately, there was no one around to take pics.

Here is the other porchful, which should be a word.

Meanwhile, between Chris cutting and me splitting all that basswood, the guy I ordered wood from came with this nice load of dry mixed wood. I'll burn that while waiting for the basswood to dry in the sun and wind. Beau loves all the warmth by the wood stove. Even though he has a nice fur coat, he only wants to be outside when I am there to keep him company.

Here we are on a family walk down at the Grand River, which I own. Perhaps I've mentioned our tradition of a long walk after a big Thanksgiving dinner. Even Beau got some turkey. Another tradition is no football, now reinforced by no TV reception. Peace and quiet prevail.


The grandkids Molly and Jason always love coming down to the river.