Thursday, February 2, 2017

Turn Off the Wind Machine

It dawned on me that the compost cage was too open to the prevailing winds. I found some old lath in one of the outbuildings and wired it up to the curved part of the cage. There wasn't enough to go around. Foregoing cute for cheap, I wired an old tarp to the fence.

This should help until I can cut some other boards, abundant here, to use on the front of the cage. It's not pretty but it will work to keep the breeze from drying the compost. Let the wind go around and work on the firewood and leave my garbage to rot properly.

The beauty of living out in the country is there are no neighbors to complain that things are unsightly or not to local regulations. I couldn't live like that. Here, I can be as tacky as I want. Someone else's eyesore is my whimsical.